The hard-working SEOs at KPI need to check the Google Search results to make sure that all the web site pages are indexed in Google and that the Title, URL and Meta Description are displayed by Google as the SEO intended.
KPI’s SEOs check the indexed pages against the web site sitemap to check that all pages are indexed; they also check for duplicated Titles and Meta Descriptions.
Here is an example Google Doc Spreadsheet that lists 100 results from a site search of www.kpib.co.uk with columns for URL and Page Title.
Further reading on this useful SEO Tool technique:
- Importxml Cookbook
- The ImportXML Guide for Google Docs
- How To Build Agile SEO Tools Using Google Spreadsheets
- ImportXML – Google Docs Help
- XPath Tutorial
We hope you find this post useful and invite your comments below. How could the Spreadsheet be modified to:
- add a column for Meta Description?
- display more than the first 100 rows?